[Marxism] Fwd: Fwd: STOP TRUMP! IMMIGRATION RALLY TODAY!

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Jan 29 09:31:40 MST 2017

March & Rally: We Will End the Refugee & Muslim Ban
Sunday Jan. 29, 2:00 PM from Battery Park, west of
Castle Clinton Nat`l Mon. & nr. #1, R, W, 4, 5, J stops, Broadway bus)
descriptions & any changes: <http://bit.ly/NoMuslimBan>
<http://bit.ly/NoMuslimBan>
   = <https://facebook.com/events/1793522974242870/>
<https://facebook.com/events/1793522974242870/>
<https://twitter.com/lsarsour/status/825556531202531329>
<https://twitter.com/lsarsour/status/825556531202531329>
<https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3T3SWtUoAMSKlv.jpg>
<https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3T3SWtUoAMSKlv.jpg>
NYIC, Make the Road, DRUM
In a true show of force, thousands of people descended upon JFK calling
for the release of dozens of refugees and immigrants who were being
detained, questioned, and refused entry to the United States.

Due to the collective efforts of advocacy groups and organizers in New
York, the Federal Court for the Eastern District of New York has now
issued a temporary stay halting President Donald Trump’s executive order.

The signing of President Trump's executive order has affected thousands
– refugees seeking asylum and protection who have already been approved
for visas, mothers and fathers barred from reuniting with their
families, legal permanent residents being denied the ability to return
to school or work, and refugees fleeing persecution being forced to
return to their countries to death and violence.

WE CALL ON OUR COMMUNITIES TO KEEP UP THE MOMENTUM TO FIGHT THE REFUGEE
AND MUSLIM BAN!

Let's make it clear that we don't just want a temporary halt, we want
human rights and dignity for refugees and immigrants and we want a
reversal of these inhumane executive orders NOW.

JOIN US ON SUNDAY, JANUARY 29  at Battery Park to march to the offices
of Customs and Border Patrol in Manhattan.

*WHERE: Battery Park (West Side of Castle Clinton National Monument in
Battery Park near Statue of Liberty Viewpoint)*

START TIME: 2PM on SUNDAY, Jan 29

CO-SPONSORS (list in formation):
The New York Immigration Coalition
Make the Road New York
DRUM - Desis Rising Up & Moving
MPower Change
African Communities Together
National Immigration Law Center
32BJ SEIU
New York City Anti-Violence Project
Jews for Racial and Economic Justice [JFREJ]
CultureStrike
New York Civil Liberties Union - NYCLU

**more information coming soon***
Featuring
The New York Immigration Coalition
Non-Profit Organization · New York, New York
The NYIC is an umbrella advocacy group that brings together nearly 200
diverse member organizations to advance justice and opportunity for all.
You can also follow us on twitter: @thenyic www.twitter.com/thenyic
<http://www.twitter.com/thenyic>
Make the Road New York
Non-Profit Organization · New York, New York
¿Hablas español? Vea nuestra página en español aquí:
http://www.facebook.com/SeHaceCaminoNY
<http://www.facebook.com/SeHaceCaminoNY>____