[Marxism] Fwd: Don’t take your guns to town | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Jan 31 11:37:46 MST 2017

After writing a CounterPunch article on the black bloc and Richard
Spencer getting suckered punched  last Friday, I thought I had said
everything that needed to be said about counterproductive ultraleft
tactics but an article by Eric Ruder in the ISO newspaper convinced me
otherwise.

Titled “How we made Montana Nazis back down”, Ruder explains how the
left organized against a January 17th march in honor of James Earl Ray,
the racist who assassinated Martin Luther King Jr., that was to be held
in Whitefish, Montana where Richard Spencer lives part-time and that was
a project of Andrew Anglin, the publisher of the openly neo-Nazi Daily
Stormer website.

The neo-Nazis called off their march for a variety of reasons but
primarily because they realized that there was massive opposition in
rural Montana and particularly within the town of Whitefish itself that
despite its “red state” aura had been mobilizing against such groups for
a long time.

full: https://louisproyect.org/2017/01/31/dont-take-your-guns-to-town/