[Marxism] Fwd: The FDR Myth

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Mar 3 06:59:56 MST 2017

Back in the seventh grade, in the fifties, we studied geography. As we
looked at the United States we saw here iron ore, there oil, here a vast
corn belt, there a vast valley growing all kinds of fruits and
vegetables. Manufacturing cities turned out cars by the thousand.
Broadway and Hollywood were going gangbusters. Gorgeous beaches,
pristine mountains, crystalline rivers and lakes. Everything was here in
abundance. With the proper organization it was paradise. Alas, it didn’t
work out that way. It didn’t work out that way because the system we had
needed waste to continue. In truth, it’s most important product was
garbage. It was a vast churning trash compactor that needed to make
always more trash. And it wasted everything.

Americans who are wondering what went wrong might consider a book by
John T. Flynn called The Roosevelt Myth written in 1948. The revelation
of who Roosevelt actually was and what he did is eye-poping. One such
revelation is the tale of the origin of the military-industrial complex.
For this did not exist before Roosevelt.

full: http://www.counterpunch.org/2017/03/03/the-fdr-myth/