[Marxism] Fwd: Getting a level playing field | Michael Roberts Blog

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Mar 6 05:27:01 MST 2017

Last year, there were a number of books that came out that helped to
enlighten us both theoretically and empirically on the laws of motion of
capitalism. But I think I missed one.  It’s The Great Leveller by Brett
Christophers.  Christophers is a Professor in Human Geography at Uppsala
University, Sweden.  His book takes a refreshingly new angle on the
nature of crises under capitalism.  He says that we need to look at how
capitalism is continually facing a dynamic tension between the
underlying forces of competition and monopoly.  Christopher argues that
in this dynamic, law and legal measures have an underappreciated role in
trying to preserve a “delicate balance between competition and
monopoly”, which is needed to “regulate the rhythms of capitalist
accumulation”.

full:
https://thenextrecession.wordpress.com/2017/03/06/getting-a-level-playing-field/