[Marxism] (no subject)

Gary MacLennan gary.maclennan1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 18:33:57 MST 2017

Lou wrote: *Just got off the phone with an old friend from Bard whose
son-in-law is  highly placed former military officer now involved with
intelligence gathering for Republican politicians. He told my friend that a
bloc is  forming between Republicans and Democrats to remove Trump because
he is viewed as incompetent and mentally unstable. Interesting times we're
living*.

Interesting indeed-. Here in Australia we have had seven changes of Prime
Minister in ten years compared with four in the 1975 to 2007 period.
Admittedly the electoral cycle in Australia is 3 years only but consensus
has eroded around what is the "responsible" thing for governments to do and
the result is a great deal of institutional instability.

Stability will only return with a decisive victory for one side or other in
the great war of the 1% versus the rest of us. certainly that was what
happened in Australia in the Great Depression. The defeats of the strikes
of 1928-9 led to conservative governments (Both Tory and Labor) staying in
power for decades.

I am inclined to believe that the American ruling class will want an
alternative leader to be their point man in the coming battle.

comradely

Gary