[Marxism] Of course they wiretapped Trump & his aides

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Mar 7 06:03:14 MST 2017

On 3/6/17 10:32 PM, Joaquin Bustelo via Marxism wrote:
> Two things tell us that Trump's people were wiretapped.
>
>  * Thing one:/Everyone/is being wiretapped by the NSA.
>  * Thing two: There was an FBI investigation of Trump and his aides.
>
> full:
> http://hatueysashes.blogspot.com/2017/03/of-course-they-wiretapped-trump-and-his.html

What doesn't make sense is the President of the USA tweeting at 6:30 am
in the morning in his characteristically unhinged manner without doing
what you'd expect the most powerful head of state in the world to do:
order the assumed perpetrators to come to the oval office and give a
full accounting of the snooping.

That, of course, is the problem with Twitter. It is a medium that defies
lucid exchanges of ideas or analysis. It is the reason I only use it as
an automatic crossposting of my blog articles. It is also the reason
that Steven Salaita and George Ciccariello-Maher got into trouble.

It is also the reason that Trump uses it obsessively. It allows him to
make these single sentence provocations that are the equivalent of a
spitball. That's American capitalism in its senescence for you.