[Marxism] Fwd: How Do You Solve a Problem Like Charles Murray?

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Mar 7 06:09:20 MST 2017

Murray should be allowed to speak, of course, but it is entirely
inappropriate, in my opinion, for him to be an invited speaker on a
college campus. It is no more appropriate for Murray to speak on a
college campus than it would be for the host of the Arts and
Entertainment series “Ancient Aliens” to do so. Murray’s views are the
sociological equivalent of Holocaust denial in their departure from
accepted standards of science and scholarship. He should not be speaking
at an institution of higher education. Middlebury’s student protestors
were right about that.

So what do you do with a problem like Charles Murray coming and speaking
on your campus? ––You don’t go. And what do we, as a culture do about
that problem? We labor mightily to improve the general quality of
education in our nation so that Murray’s theories will be conspicuous as
the clap-trap they are. Then, maybe, he would no longer receive
invitations to speak on college campuses. THAT would be heartwarming!

full:
http://www.counterpunch.org/2017/03/07/how-do-you-solve-a-problem-like-charles-murray/