[Marxism] Of course they wiretapped Trump & his aides

Jeff meisner at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 7 07:13:36 MST 2017

On 2017-03-07 14:03, Louis Proyect via Marxism wrote:

> It is also the reason that Trump uses [twitter] obsessively. It allows
> him to
> make these single sentence provocations

Yes, but that's sort of beside the point. Trump isn't so stupid that he
wouldn't cite voluminous evidence to support his assertions if it
existed. If he could, he would have GIVEN PROOF that 3 million illegal
voters for Clinton tilted the popular vote. He would have supplied
evidence that his inauguration turnout was bigger than Obama's. He would
have cited statistics showing that  street crime is at at at a high
point, and that immigrants from those 6 countries are responsible for
"terrorist attacks" in the US. I don't call these "provocations," they
are called lies. And so the 140 character limit of twitter HELPS his
presentation because if he were able to go on for another 140 characters
then he wouldn't have anything new to say. And the part of the
population who will believe whatever he claims doesn't want to know
anything further, or to even think about examining any evidence.

So as far as I'm concerned he's also lying when he talks about being
wiretapped, even if (as Joaquin believes) it's true. Because he doesn't
have any specific evidence for it. Nor do his diehard supporters want
any (and after all, this lie is more plausible than many of his other
unproved assertions). If he ever gets around to saying something that is
true, then you WILL get supporting information, but he gets more
political mileage from disseminating alternative facts (= lies).

- Jeff