[Marxism] Fwd: I Called Him Morgan | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Mar 8 10:44:23 MST 2017

Opening in NYC on March 24th and in Los Angeles a week later, “I Called
Him Morgan” is the greatest film about a jazz musician I have seen.
Although it is a documentary, it puts to shame narrative films that have
fallen flat such as Don Cheadle’s on Miles Davis. Even if you are not a
jazz fan, this is a compelling and informative work that might even
motivate you to buy Lee Morgan CD’s. The film benefits from an almost
nonstop score made up of his performances that are a reminder of how
much of a loss his death at 33 years was. Combined with some amazing
still photos of Lee Morgan and his contemporaries, this is a feast for
both the ears and the eyes.

full: https://louisproyect.org/2017/03/08/i-called-him-morgan/