[Marxism] Fwd: From Debs to Berlusconi: the Socially Relevant Film Festival

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Mar 10 07:05:07 MST 2017

Monday, March 13th is opening night for the Socially Relevant Film
Festival in New York, an annual event I have been covering since 2014.
Featuring both narrative and documentary films, it is the quintessential
alternative to the sort of escapism embodied in Hollywood blockbuster
films and especially relevant in the current period, when the president
of the United States is mounting an assault on the humane and
progressive values expressed in the festival’s offerings. As you will
see, the three films I have had a chance to preview amount to a rebuttal
of the racist, xenophobic, corporatist and warmongering Trump
administration.

full:
http://www.counterpunch.org/2017/03/10/from-debs-to-berlusconi-the-socially-relevant-film-festival/