[Marxism] US Arab Spring policy? Third party counter-revolution

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Mar 11 18:15:00 MST 2017

On 3/11/17 7:23 PM, Nick Fredman via Marxism wrote:
> There seems to be a pattern among those supportive of the Syrian rebels who
> have become cool towards or never warmed to the PYD-led movement, to
> justify rebel opposition to this movement by grasping at any evidence,
> however dubious, of its nefarious, chauvinist, sectarian, pro-Assad and/or
> Stalinist nature.

My objection to the PYD is mostly their de facto alliance with Assad.
You can come up with all the rationales you can think of to defend him,
but when Salim Muslim issued a statement that Bashar al-Assad was framed
for using Sarin gas in Ghouta, I can't help lumping him with all the
shitheads who signed a statement for Rania Khalek.