[Marxism] The Truth About the WikiLeaks C.I.A. Cache

Tristan Sloughter t at crashfast.com
Sun Mar 12 11:34:43 MDT 2017

> Wouldn't we trust Snowden more on this?

Yes, and no. Both can be true. I had a similar issue with the headlines
that the NYTimes article is talking about, but wouldn't take it as far
as the article to act like it encompasses the actual information
contained in the leaks.

The headlines made it sound like Signal and others were compromised.
This isn't the case, the phones are compromised.

There is actually another NYTimes article that sort of explains this,
https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2017/03/11/technology/ap-us-tec-wikileaks-cia-tech-encryption.html

It is important both to not claim such methods "break Signal" or to give
the false sense of security that you are 100% safe just by using Signal.

Tristan