[Marxism] UN Syria Commission clears YPG/J and SDF of ethnic cleansing charges

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Mar 16 06:18:09 MDT 2017

On 3/15/17 11:01 PM, Nick Fredman via Marxism wrote:
> I've criticised Roy Gutman and
> called his Nation articles rubbish not just because he seems to be a cruise
> missile liberal who's a shill for Erdogan, but also because at least two of
> his sources have complained about his distortion of their words, because
> this has also happened in his previous work, because he leaves crucial
> facts out, because claims made by his anonymous sources are often absurd
> and/or completely contradicted by other evidence, etc.

Frankly, human rights abuses are not uppermost on my mind in a situation
where violence has become so generalized. There were human rights abuses
by Sandinista soldiers against Miskitos, while the Red Army was
positively barbaric as it swept westward against Hitler in 1945,

My issue with the PYD is the deals it cut with Assad. While one can not
be exactly sure what happens on the battlefield in the fog of war, we do
know exactly what words came out of Saleh Muslim's mouth: Assad was
being framed for using sarin gas in Ghouta; if he was overthrown, there
would be mass murder against Christians and Alawites, etc.

Disgusting.