[Marxism] UN Syria Commission clears YPG/J and SDF of ethnic cleansing charges

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Mar 18 14:30:59 MDT 2017

On 3/18/17 4:09 PM, Chris Slee via Marxism wrote:
>  I think it is reasonable to assume that if such groups came to power and had control of an air force they would be prepared to bomb cities that rebelled against their rule.

Except that the "jihadists" have never deployed artillery in the
indiscriminate fashion that Assad has used his air force. When a single
hospital in West Aleppo came under fire, there were ten thousand
articles denouncing such inhumanity but not a single one about all the
hospitals that had been leveled to the ground in East Aleppo. If you
have trouble grasping this, I suggest you read the Zionist press on
Hamas's rocket attacks on Sderot. As is almost universally the case, the
"anti-imperialist" press can figure this out when it comes to Gaza but
not Syria. Too bad that Chris Slee reflects this sort of bad faith.