[Marxism] Didn't Patrick Cockburn say the war in Syria was over?

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Mar 19 12:00:33 MDT 2017

On 3/19/17 1:45 PM, Tristan Sloughter via Marxism wrote:

> So it is the FSA? pro-Assad media is reporting the attacks are Tahrir
> Al-Sham (Hetesh). Who my understanding had been doing more fighting
> against then fighting alongside FSA formations than say former Nusra?
> Even though HTS is still a "nationalist jihadist" org unlike daesh?

Sometimes I wonder if these various formations are reflective less of
how one stands on sharia law and much more on access to weapons and
funding. If I was a Syrian living in a town that was desperately in need
of anti-tank weapons, I'd hide my Salman Rushdie novels, grow a beard
and forsake alcohol to get my hands on something that could stop the
Baathist killing machine in its tracks.