[Marxism] "Leninism" and Scientology [was: Reflections on the “party question”]

Joaquin Bustelo jbustelo at gmail.com
Tue May 16 18:26:15 MDT 2017

OK, So out of 11,287,933 vanguard parties from 1917 to 2017, four --or
was it five?-- actually led revolutions that expropriated the capitalists.

Unfortunately they turned into such complete catastrophes that working
people acceded to return to capitalism.

I wish fucking soi-dissant Marxists would take off a year or ten from
braying about "the party" and actually read and study what Marx, Engels
and Lenin (but not Trotsky, sorry, Trotsky was a Zinovievist just like
Stalin circa 1925) actually said and thought about "the party."

Starting with this: When Marx and Engels originally wrote about the
workers forming their own party, political parties as we know them had
barely begun to emerge and they were NOTHING like what we mean by
"party" (even a bourgeois "party"). Go read about the Chartists which
Marx and Engels hailed as the first workers party and explain to me the
difference between them and the Occupy Movement.

Marx and Engels were talking about the development of the worker's
movement: a whole bunch of people who shared a similar disfavored
position in civil society recognizing that reality and therefore saying,
well let's change our status in society.

It was a self-and-other recognized SIDE to a dispute or conflict, which
emerged organically in the course of the struggle, not something that
could be --absolutely the worst abomination of all-- "built."

Talking about "the party question" as the Leninist left does is IDIOCY.
There is no such question. It is CULTISM. The cult of the organization:
"building" the party magically becomes an all-saving formula good
everywhere for all eternity.

This overarching fetish of "the party" abstracted from all time, place
and circumstance, is a religious hallucination, a distilled, ethereal
essence that encompasses everything from guerrilla bands to invading
armies to national movements and we dump them all into "the party"
category on account of in all these countries there are political
struggles and that means political sides and political outcomes and if
we want our side to win it needs a political expression, "the party."

If you REALLY want to understand the ESSENCE of "the party question" as
its been practiced in my experience, go look at Leah Remini's series on
Scientology and the Aftermath.

Because this sort of "Leninism" is RELIGION not Marxism