[Marxism] Fwd: Donald Trump, National Bolshevism and the radical deficit | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed May 17 10:29:07 MDT 2017

Three years ago I wrote an article titled “National Bolshevism rides
again” that called attention to Golden Dawn’s support for Russia against
Euromaidan that sounded exactly like the sort of thing written by Mike
Whitney: “Ukraine is Washington’s pretext for a conflict with Russia.
The threat of conflict is evident from the flood of propaganda in the
Zionist media. Putin is demonized daily as Saddam Hussein and Qaddafi
were earlier, while known Zionist newspapers like the Washington Post
and New York Times, present daily ‘evidence’ Russian troops are ready to
invade Ukraine. The only things missing are the weapons of mass
destruction in order to have a complete repeat.”

Little did I suspect that within three years, an American version of
Golden Dawn would be saying the same thing. On May 13th, neo-Nazi
Richard Spencer led a small demonstration protesting the removal of a
statue honoring Robert E. Lee in Charlottesville, Virginia. Among the
chants heard from the mouths of these fascists (I use the word
advisedly) was “Blood and soil” and “Russia is our friend”.

If “Russia is our friend”, it is understandable why Stephen F. Cohen
would tell Tucker Carlson, Bill O’Reilly’s replacement at Fox News, that
the “Assault on Trump is [the] greatest threat to our country”. Like
Cohen, Spencer considers the liberal onslaught on Trump to be the main
danger to the USA. In a comment on Trump’s divulging classified
information to the Russians, Spencer used words that could have come out
of Cohen’s mouth: “This is only a scandal in the minds of those who
haven’t heard that the Cold War is over.”

full:
https://louisproyect.org/2017/05/17/donald-trump-national-bolshevism-and-the-radical-deficit/