[Marxism] The Chávez Hypothesis: Vicissitudes of a Strategic Project (Chris Gilbert)

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat May 20 16:00:24 MDT 2017

On 5/20/17 9:15 AM, Nick Fredman via Marxism wrote:
> Also I think it's wrong to make Syria an acid test anywhere, but it's
> particularly incongruous to bring up now with regard to the Venezuelan
> leadership, which for a long time has had a bad line on a number of
> international issues including the genocidal treatment of the Sri Lankan
> government towards the Tamil people.

I didn't say it was an acid test. In fact I unfriended probably 25
Syrian solidarity activists on FB, including Robin Yassin-Kassab, who
violently disagreed with my vote for Jill Stein.

That being said, the Latin American left has a poor understanding of
Syria. But then again so does the majority of the people writing for
Greenleft and Links. That's the way it goes.