[Marxism] Fwd: The Disaster Artist, what a disaster | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Nov 7 18:54:22 MST 2017

I’m doing something I haven’t done in years—writing about a film I
walked out on.

I had my doubts about “The Disaster Artist”, a film that was shown at
the Southwest Film Festival (SXSW) this year, since it was produced and
directed by the insufferable James Franco who was also the film’s
costar. The film is based on a true story—the making of “The Room”, what
some say is the worst film ever. I thought that perhaps it might have
the affectionate touch of “Ed Wood”, the vehicle for Johnny Depp’s
portrayal of Hollywood’s worst director especially since New York
Magazine’s Jada Yuan said “it may soon join Tim Burton’s Ed Wood in the
ranks of great movies about terrible movies.”

full:
https://louisproyect.org/2017/11/08/the-disaster-artist-what-a-disaster/