[Marxism] Fwd: Mr. Roosevelt | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Nov 15 12:51:42 MST 2017

With the subject of male comedian bad behavior being discussed widely
under the impact of Louis C.K.’s masturbatory aggressions, it is a
relief to see what a female comedian is capable of. After walking away
from C.K.’s tasteless and singularly unfunny train wreck of a movie “I
Love You, Daddy” with a bad taste in my mouth, Noël Wells’s “Mr.
Roosevelt” is a reminder that sexism in the film and television business
is not only a crime against women but against all humanity for
preventing genuine talent to rise to the surface. Wells is not only ten
times smarter and funnier than C.K. but a welcome relief from the
dyspeptic strain that is found not only in C.K.’s work but across the
board with male directors and screenwriters like Judd Apatow, Woody
Allen, and James Franco.

full: https://louisproyect.org/2017/11/15/mr-roosevelt/