[Marxism] Fwd: What is Behind the Military Coup in Zimbabwe?

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Nov 21 06:45:03 MST 2017

I first became acquainted with Greg Elich when we were writing against
NATO intervention in the Balkans. For most people on the left, including
me, the emphasis was primarily on the contradiction between imperialism
and its perceived enemies. That is still true but there are class
contradictions as well, especially in Zimbabwe, a country that Elich has
championed as a development model under Mugabe. His article in today's
CounterPunch says not a single word about the causes of the protests
that led the military to topple Mugabe. This is an extraordinary cover-up.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/11/21/what-is-behind-the-military-coup-in-zimbabwe/