[Marxism] Fwd: History's Emancipator: Did Abraham Lincoln Have "a Drop of Anti-Slavery Blood in His Veins"?

Fred Murphy fred.r.murphy at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 04:50:39 MST 2017

I gained a better appreciation of Lincoln and the Republicans from reading
James Oakes's Freedom National. I have not seen any convincing refutations
of his view that the Republicans proceeded systematically to abolish
slavery starting with the First Confiscation Act in 1861.

http://books.wwnorton.com/books/Freedom-National/