[Marxism] left out of NY Times' "rethinking McNamara's War"

Dennis Brasky dmozart1756 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 10:32:31 MST 2017

>From Errol Morris's 2003 documentary, "The Fog of War: Eleven Lessons from
the Life of Robert S. McNamara."

"We burned to death 100,000 Japanese civilians in Tokyo - men, women and
children," Mr. McNamara recalled; some 900,000 Japanese civilians died in
all. "LeMay said, 'If we'd lost the war, we'd all have been prosecuted as
war criminals.' And I think he's right. He - and I'd say I - were behaving
as war criminals."

"What makes it immoral if you lose and not immoral if you win?" he asked.
He found the question impossible to answer.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/28/opinion/rethinking-mcnamaras-war.html