[Marxism] Imperialism: a critique of David Harvey

Chris Slee chris_w_slee at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 3 19:11:59 MDT 2017

While I disagree with some of David Harvey's formulations, I think we do have to recognise that the rise of China is a significant change.

Chinese corporations are investing in mines in Africa and Latin America, ports in Australia, Greece and Sri Lanka, etc.

Does this make China an imperialist power?

The situation is complicated, because China is still a source of cheap labor for US, European and Japanese corporations.

Chris Slee