[Marxism] What a German Communist said about the Nazis in 1930

Ken Hiebert knhiebert at shaw.ca
Wed Sep 6 13:30:51 MDT 2017

n 9/6/17 2:36 PM, Patrick Bond wrote:
Fast forward a bit, though, and you will find Harro Schulze-Boysen (mygrandmother's favorite cousin) leading a Red Orchestra group of Communists who harassed the Nazi regime from the early 1930s, and fed information to Moscow (and later Washington), until they were caught and executed in 1942. There was no ideological confusion there.

Louis Proyect:
Yeah, well, look. The official policy of the KPD was to oppose "social fascism". This meant regarding the social democrats as bad as Hitler, even worse. I am working on an article about this right now in fact, mostly as a way of showing how stopping Hitler could not be reduced to "punching a Nazi”.

Ken Hiebert replies:
Whatever criticism we have of the Communist Party of Germany and other Stalinist organizations, we must respect that many militants stayed at their posts even in the darkest days of Nazi rule and contributed to the defeat of the Nazis.