[Marxism] Detroit 1967, class vs "identity politics"

Dennis Brasky dmozart1756 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 08:15:06 MDT 2017

Some seem to think that progressives cannot do more than one thing at a
time. If we’re organizing against racism and bigotry, presumably, we can’t
also advocate for economic justice. If we focus on the economy, we must not
care about racism. But to create real change, we need to push for solid
strategies for economic justice AND stand up against hatred and for a more
inclusive, more equal America. Can we do both at once? As Obama told us,
yes, we can. We must.

https://workingclassstudies.wordpress.com/2017/09/11/race-and-class-then-and-now/