[Marxism] Fwd: America's amnesia - Mekong Review

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Sep 17 17:33:58 MDT 2017

Everything wrong with the new ten-part PBS documentary on the Vietnam
War is apparent in the first five minutes. A voice from nowhere intones
about a war “begun in good faith” that somehow ran off the rails and
killed millions of people. We see a firefight and a dead soldier in a
body bag being winched into a helicopter, as the rotor goes thump,
thump, thump, like a scene from Apocalypse Now. Then we cut to a funeral
on Main Street and a coffin covered in Stars and Stripes, which
multiply, as the camera zooms out, into dozens and then hundreds of
flags, waving like a hex against warmongers who might be inclined to
think that this film is insufficiently patriotic.

https://mekongreview.com/americas-amnesia/