[Marxism] Noory and Pinker

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Apr 5 06:36:41 MDT 2018

Given my old age frailties, I get up to pee multiple times at night.
After returning to bed, I often turn on the radio briefly before going
back to sleep. Among the preset stations is WOR-AM that hosts George
Noory's "Coast to Coast", a talk show devoted to flying saucers, ESP,
astrology, bogus health advice, Assadism (Noory is a rightwing
Lebanese-American) and other forms of what Leon Trotsky described as
"capitalist society...puking up the undigested barbarism" of fascism.
Instead of the usual supernatural mumbo-jumbo purveyor, guess who Noory
was interviewing last night. None other than Steven Pinker peddling his
new book. Noory was glad to hear that we've never had it so good.