[Marxism] ‘They Eat Money’: How Mandela’s Political Heirs Grow Rich Off Corruption - The New York Times

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Apr 16 17:29:44 MDT 2018

(What a fucking disgrace. When I met with Thabo Mbeki in Lusaka, Zambia
in 1990 or so, I never would have dreamed that the ANC would end up as
such a comprador bourgeoisie. But then again, I have been involved with
losing causes since 1967. What keeps me at it? I guess an unwillingness
to be part of the great mass of humanity that accepts things as they
are. That's why I value Marxmail. It keeps me from going nuts.)

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/16/world/africa/south-africa-corruption-jacob-zuma-african-national-congress.html