[Marxism] Use of chemical weapons by Syrian rebels

mkaradjis mkaradjis at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 00:18:05 MDT 2018

Yes, as David pointed out, the OPCW cannot assign blame, just
determine if a a chemical attack took place, but the joint OPCW/JIM
mission can assign blame. The JIM's mandate expired in November,
Russia refused to renew it (I guess it didn;t like the fact that it
kept assigning blame to its client), and it vetoed the renewal of the
JIM's mandate after the Douma attack. However, it seems that Russia
and Assad do not really even want the OPCW to go in to determine
whether or not chemicals were used - in nearly 2 weeks after the
attack they are still being refused entry (even though hacks like Fisk
are allowed in to dutifully report what the regime wants him to). I
guess they still need a little more time to clean up the site before
letting them in.