[Marxism] Syria Controversy: Who Supports Assad in the Civil War?

MM marxmail00 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 13:36:05 MDT 2018

> On Apr 24, 2018, at 3:24 PM, Andrew Pollack via Marxism <marxism at lists.csbs.utah.edu> wrote:
>
> The direct link to Blumenthal's screed (the link under "here" didn't work).

You have to wonder whether Max is even vaguely aware of the contradiction between the title of his piece — "Syria Controversy: Don't Believe the Official Narrative” — and this self-promoting schlock from his accompanying biography:

"Max Blumenthal is an award-winning journalist and bestselling author whose articles and video documentaries have appeared in The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Daily Beast, The Nation, The Guardian, The Independent Film Channel, The Huffington Post, Salon.com, Al Jazeera English and many other publications.”

Translation: “You should believe me because I’ve written for all these prestigious outlets — just don’t believe what they tell you about Syria.”

What an ass.