[Marxism] (19) Michelle Wolf COMPLETE REMARKS at 2018 White House Correspondents' Dinner (C-SPAN) - YouTube

Mark Lause markalause at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 08:23:36 MDT 2018

This is the same drunken dance they've done since the beginning of the
Trump campaign.

It's worth emphasizing Michelle Wolf's closing point . . . .

". . . we have all these 24-hour news networks, and we could be covering
everything. But, instead, we're covering like three topics. Every hour,
it's Trump, Russia, Hillary and a panel of four people who remind you why
you don't go home for Thanksgiving. . . .  You guys are obsessed with
Trump. Did you used to date him? Because you pretend like you hate him, but
I think you love him. I think what no one in this room wants to admit is
that Trump has helped all of you. He couldn't sell steaks or vodka or water
or college or ties or Eric, but he has helped you.  He's helped you sell
your papers and your books and your TV. You helped create this monster, and
now you're profiting off of him. . . . . Flint still doesn't have clean
water."

Trump is a trainwreck of a human being.  Media covers his madness and the
public gets increasingly disgusted with him.

Then, the word comes from on high that they need to be more "fair."  So we
get a parade of flunkies with no credibility paraded before their cameras
to defend Trump's genius, down the latest self-contradictory brain fart.
And the creation of unbelievably idiotic non-news controversies.

There is a deeply symbiotic relationship between the Chief Peddler of Snake
Oil and the ultimate producers of that snake oil and the bottle it comes in
. . . .

ML