[Marxism] Documents show ties between university, conservative donors

Jeffrey Masko j.alan.masko at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 17:13:03 MDT 2018

UNKOCH MY CAMPUSA COOPERATIVE CAMPAIGN TO EXPOSE AND EXPEL UNDUE DONOR
INFLUENCE IN ACADEMIA.
[image: DONOR CONTROL FINALLY EXPOSED AT GMU!]
<http://www.unkochmycampus.org/charles-koch-foundation-george-mason-mercatus-donor-influence-exposed/>
DONOR CONTROL FINALLY EXPOSED AT GMU!

[image: Breaking: New Report] <http://www.unkochmycampus.org/los-preface>
[image: STOP Koch's Criminal Justice Agenda]
<http://www.unkochmycampus.org/right-on-crime/>
[image: New Collection: Koch's Oversteps of Academic Freedom, Governance,
and Integrity] <http://www.unkochmycampus.org/oversteps>
[image: News of the Faculty Resistance]
<http://www.unkochmycampus.org/may-16-2017-news-from-the-faculty-resistance/>
[image: FIND YOUR SCHOOL]
<http://polluterwatch.org/charles-koch-university-funding-database>
[image: GMU Students Sue for Transparency]
<http://www.unkochmycampus.org/feb-9-2017-gmu-students-sue-for-transparency>
[image: 2017 Book!] <http://www.unkochmycampus.org/progress-coalition-2017>
<http://www.unkochmycampus.org/#> <http://www.unkochmycampus.org/#>

The corrosive influence of "dark money" has undermined the democratic
institutions of the United States, but not just in our political system.
Education, in particular higher education, serves as the engine of critical
inquiry and the foundation of our democracy. It is where citizens are
exposed to ideas, and in turn, is responsible for shaping public opinion,
political discourse, and political policy for decades to come.

The same wealthy donors and corporations that have been polluting our
political system for self-interested political change have turned their
eyes to universities for long term political and cultural change.

Nobody more exemplifies this breed of political philanthropist more than
Charles Koch, CEO of Koch Industries.

Recordings and documents from the Charles Koch Foundation and its network
of professors <http://www.unkochmycampus.org/kochileaks/> shows how Koch's
academic programming is political rather than educational, "leveraging
science and universities <https://youtu.be/dUhX-Tt1vZM?t=5>" for political
gain.

Koch Industries <http://www.unkochmycampus.org/background-on-koch/> and
their network of wealthy donors use an "integrated strategy,
<http://publicintegrity.org/2015/10/30/18684/koch-brothers-higher-ed-investments-advance-political-goals>"
called the Structure of Social Change
<https://ia601304.us.archive.org/10/items/TheStructureOfSocialChangeLibertyGuideRichardFinkKoch/The%20Structure%20of%20Social%20Change%20_%20Liberty%20Guide%20_%20Richard%20Fink%20_%20Koch.pdf>
that
uses targeted funding of universities, think tanks, and political groups
for the "implementation of policy change."
[image: Number of colleges/universities receiving Koch foundation funding
over time ]Number of colleges/universities receiving Koch foundation
funding over time

Koch's network, many of whom make up the Freedom Partners Chamber of
Commerce, have been using this integrated strategy for decades, and their
spending is accelerating. Read more
<http://www.unkochmycampus.org/the-donors/> about Koch's politically driven
academics.

*From the UnKoch my Campus website, whichhas been docmenting and finding
their influence now for 5 plus years.
http://www.unkochmycampus.org/