[Marxism] The excuses some Marxists make for voting Democratic (part two) | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Aug 7 20:14:19 MDT 2018

On 8/7/18 9:41 PM, Jason wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 6:02 PM, Louis Proyect via Marxism
> <marxism at lists.csbs.utah.edu <mailto:marxism at lists.csbs.utah.edu>> wrote:
>

>     Not that surprised that you would think the Popular Front was a
>     viable project if carried out correctly. Not one bit.
>

> Feel free to present an argument.

I try to avoid having too many exchanges with you on this mailing list
because it is counter-productive. I went through that with Carl Davidson
5 years ago on FB and finally realized that it was not worth my time. I
am glad that you presented your arguments for backing the Democrats in
terms far more sophisticated than what I read in Political Affairs 50
years ago since they gave me the opportunity to answer them on my blog.
In part 3, I am going to deal with the argument I have heard that Karl
Marx backed a bourgeois politician, namely Abraham Lincoln, so why can't
we? Assuming that you agree with that, maybe you can do me a favor and
sling together a hundred or so words of your acrobatic prose so I can
have something to work with.