[Marxism] Stephen Miller Is an Immigration Hypocrite. I Know Because I’m His Uncle. - POLITICO Magazine

A.R. G amithrgupta at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 09:14:25 MDT 2018

" Most damning is the administration's evident intent to make policy that
specifically disadvantages people based on their ethnicity, country of
origin and religion. No matter what opinion is held about immigration, any
government that specifically enacts law or policy on that basis must be
recognized as a threat to all of us. Laws bereft of justice are the gateway
to tyranny. Today others may be the target, but tomorrow it might just as
easily be you or me. History will be the judge, but in the meantime the
normalization of these policies is rapidly eroding the collective
conscience of America. Immigration reform is a complex issue that will
require compassion and wisdom to bring the nation to a just solution, but
the politicians who have based their political and professional identity on
ethnic demonization and exclusion cannot be trusted to do so. As free
Americans, and descendants of immigrants and refugees, we have the
obligation to exercise our conscience by voting for candidates who will
stand up for our highest national values and not succumb to our lowest
fears. "

Powerful stuff. A shame his nephew is so gross, given this guy is clearly a
very profound and compassionate thinker.

I remember watching the Daily Show right after the 2012 election. Jon
Stewart was mocking a clip of the O'Reilly factor where O'Reilly (a
right-wing blowhard for those of you who haven't had the displeasure of
watching American media) interviewed a Jewish conservative, and they
condemned Obama from the right (rather than from the left). Among their
concerns was that Obama was eroding the cultural identity of the United
States. Stewart pointed out very astutely that it may have been quite
strange to watch an Irishman and a Jew argue about the "cultural decline" a
century prior, when they would have been the targets of that kind of
rhetoric.

It seems that is the American dream: come to the United States, and perhaps
one day your grandchildren can treat others in the same horrible way you
were treated.

Amith R. Gupta