[Marxism] What's behind the explosive growth of the DSA?

Joaquin Bustelo jbustelo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 20:47:55 MDT 2018

On 8/20/2018 12:08 AM, John Reimann wrote:
> thank you, Joaquin Bustelo, for that information on the origin of the
> slogan. However, your general history confirms my belief. As you say,
> the adoption of the slogan by DSA came about in part through the role
> of the national office of DSA. And that office would resist to the end
> any campaign that was not acceptable to the "progressive" wing of the
> Democratic Party.

Let me get this straight.

The DSA National Office capitulates to the Democrats. Yet it adopts
Abolish ICE *before* any of the Democrats.

But!!! Some Democrats, pressured by the mijente campaign and recognizing
that ICE --at least under this name-- is toast after kidnapping children
at the border, say "Abolish ICE."

Which proves just how capitulationist the DSA N.O. is: they
*pre-capitulated* to the Democrats by adopting a demand of the
intransigent wing of the immigrant rights movement even BEFORE some
Democrats felt compelled to at least pretend to support it.

But wait a minute!!!

I think that by adopting the demand of the immigrant rights movement the
DSA is trying to discredit the Immigrant Rights Movement because the
DSA, by pre-capitulating in adopting this demand, is trying to make it
seem like the Latino immigrant rights movement is ALSO pre-capitulating
because it's the same demand as the DSA is supporting, when in fact the
demand is absolutely righteous and the DSA National Office has a
fiendishly clever plan to oppose it by supporting it.

Gotta go. Alex Jones is calling about me appearing on his show on
account of how the DSA, by fiendishly opposing the demand by supporting
it, is actually supporting the demand by opposing it, since everyone
knows how treacherous and capitulationist the DSA is, so because they're
trying to fool people into believing they oppose the demand by
supporting it, what they're really trying to do is to support the
demand, by getting people to think they're opposing it because they're
supporting it.

There is a historical precedent: https://youtu.be/xWGAdzn5_KU?t=50s