[Marxism] Marx loses four children

Dennis Brasky dmozart1756 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 08:58:44 MST 2018

"Wilhelm Liebknecht bore witness to Karl's sorrow at the funeral.

"Lessner, Pfander, Lochner, Conrad Schramm, the red Wolff and I rode
together -- in the same wagon as Marx -- he sat there silently, with his
head in his hands. I stroked his forehead: Moor, you have your wife, your
girls, and us -- and we all think so much of you! 'You can't give me my boy
back,' he moaned, and we rode silently on to the graveyard in Tottenham
Court Road.

"Liebknecht also said that when the casket was lowered into the ground,
Marx was so forlorn that his friends were afraid he would rush down into
the depths after it.

"Marx expressed his feelings in a letter to Engels. 'I've already had my
share of bad luck but only now do I know what real unhappiness is.'
https://delanceyplace.com/view-archives.php