[Marxism] Fwd: NYFCO awards-- to our members

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Dec 9 16:29:02 MST 2018

(Sigh. My votes for "The Young Karl Marx" did not make much of a
difference.)

*New York Film Critics Online (NYFCO) met in Lincoln Center's Furman
Gallery inside the Walter Reade Theatre for their nineteenth annual
convocation on December 9, 2018 and selected these films:*

*PICTURE*

*/Roma/*

*Director*

*Alfonso**Caurón- /Roma/ *

*
*

*Actor*

*Ethan Hawke - /First Reformed/*

*Actress*

*Melissa McCarthy - /Can You Ever Forgive Me?/*

*Supporting Actor*

*Ethan Hawke - /First Reformed/*

*Supporting Actress*

*Regina King - /If Beale Street Could Talk/*

*Screenplay*

*Deborah Davis & Tony McNamara -__/The Favourite/*

*Cinematography*

*Alfonso **Cuarón - /The Favourite/*

*Documentary*

*/Won't You Be My Neighbor?/*

*Foreign Language*

*/Cold War/
*

*
*

*Ensemble Cast*

*/The Favourite/*

*Breakthrough Performer*

*Elsie Fisher - /Eighth Grade/*

*Debut as Director*

*Bo Burnham - /Eighth Grade/*

*Use of Music*

*Nicholas Britell - /If Beale Street Could Talk/*

*Animated Feature*

*/Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse/*

*Top Ten – Alphabetical*

*1. /BlackKklansman/ (Focus Features)*

* 2. /Eight Grade/ (A24)*

* 3. /The Favourite/ (Fox Searchlight)*

* 4. /First Reformed/ (Fox Searchlight)*

* 5. /Green Book/ (Universal)*

* 6. /If Beale Street Could Talk/ (Annapurna)*

* 7. /Leave No Trace/ (Bleecker Street)*

* 8. /Roma/ (Netflix)*

* 9. /A Star if Born/ (Warner Bros.)*

*10. /Vice/ (Annapurna)*