[Marxism] Settler Colonialism, Land, Capitalism, and US Social Movements | The Cooper Union

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Dec 11 10:28:02 MST 2018

On 12/11/18 12:06 PM, Louis Proyect via Marxism wrote:

> A talk by Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz on Dec. 18th at Cooper Union that was
> also presented at NYU about a week ago or so and which I attended.
> Roxanne's analysis is brilliant, erudite and mind-expanding. New Yorkers
> should put this on their calendar.
>
> https://cooper.edu/events-and-exhibitions/events/settler-colonialism-land-capitalism-and-us-social-movements

I just heard from Roxanne: That New School (not NYU) talk was totally
different than this one, although settler-colonialism is in both titles,
but to me that like saying “imperialism” or “nationalism,” or “and” and
“but” when it comes to US history and present.

That being said, the main thing is that it will be a tremendous
experience listening to the most brilliant historian in the USA today.
Be there or be square as we used to say in the early 60s.