[Marxism] How McKinsey Has Helped Raise the Stature of Authoritarian Governments - The New York Times

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Dec 16 12:20:16 MST 2018

This year’s McKinsey & Company retreat in China was one to remember.

Hundreds of the company’s consultants frolicked in the desert, riding
camels over sand dunes and mingling in tents linked by red carpets.
Meetings took place in a cavernous banquet hall that resembled a
sultan’s ornate court, with a sign overhead to capture the mood.

“I can’t keep calm, I work at McKinsey & Company,” it said.

Especially remarkable was the location: Kashgar, the ancient Silk Road
city in China’s far west that is experiencing a major humanitarian crisis.

About four miles from where the McKinsey consultants discussed their
work, which includes advising some of China’s most important state-owned
companies, a sprawling internment camp had sprung up to hold thousands
of ethnic Uighurs — part of a vast archipelago of indoctrination camps
where the Chinese government has locked up as many as one million people.

full:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/15/world/asia/mckinsey-china-russia.html