[Marxism] (no subject)

MM marxmail00 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 13:22:42 MST 2018

> On Dec 17, 2018, at 8:33 AM, Philip Ferguson via Marxism <marxism at lists.csbs.utah.edu> wrote:
>
> https://rdln.wordpress.com/2018/12/17/the-intolerance-of-transactivists/ <https://rdln.wordpress.com/2018/12/17/the-intolerance-of-transactivists/>

The failure of this post to deal with any of the substantial responses to the last one on this topic — responses countering the thread of “moral panic” that seems to run through this whole series of posts, and providing empirical data on the *overwhelming* predominance of violence against trans folks, as against the vanishingly rare cases of violence by “trans-pretenders” against “real women and girls” — does the credibility of both Whitmore and the Redline blog no favors. I think we all recognize there are strong feelings at play in this issue, but in the wake of those previous exchanges this piece comes across as incredibly obtuse and blinkered — not to mention incredibly callous.