[Marxism] The assault on gender-critical feminists

MM marxmail00 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 07:21:52 MST 2018

> On Dec 19, 2018, at 7:42 AM, Philip Ferguson via Marxism <marxism at lists.csbs.utah.edu> wrote:
>
> What I find truly callous and cowardly is the preparedness of a swathe of
> male leftists to ignore this campaign and, in a number of cases, to
> actually help enable it.
>
> The campaign itself is largely being conducted, of course, by biological
> males albeit ones who self-ID as women and even lesbians (albeit
> lesbians-with-penises-and-testicles).
>
> Some of the men here really need to seriously look at themselves and their
> silence on this vicious - and misogynistic - campaign.  Take a look, for
> instance, at some of the material highlighted on the peaktrans site:
> https://www.peaktrans.org/ <https://www.peaktrans.org/>

This is a deflection. No one here (as far as I’m aware) has even hinted at support for de-platforming, social media attacks, harassment, or anything similar, and at least some of us have been actively involved in struggles for women’s rights for many years. But all of the evidence offered by Whitmore et al — as unfortunate and even objectionable as some the reported behaviour may be — is still essentially anecdotal, and there’s been no acknowledgment at all of the overwhelming *statistical* counter-evidence. So this is just a continuation of the argument-from-moral-panic, with a dollop of ad hominem and identitarian moral policing thrown in for rhetorical good measure.