[Marxism] How KPMG and McKinsey ripped off South Africa | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Dec 25 13:01:00 MST 2018

Within the den of corruption known as the African National Congress,
there have been two enablers that are marquee names in the world of
management consulting and auditing. The first is McKinsey & Company that
was founded in 1926 and considered by Vault.com and Consulting.com as
the most prestigious in the world. The founder James McKinsey was an
accountant by trade who went on to teach at Columbia University. His
major work was “Budgetary Control” that conceivably could have been used
by the McKinsey consultants in South Africa as toilet paper as they were
juggling the books to help Jacob Zuma rip off the nation’s largely Black
working class.

McKinsey’s partner-in-crime was KPMG, which stands for Klynveld, Peat,
Marwick and Goerdeler. It is one of the big four accounting firms that
used to number five until Arthur Anderson was put out of business for
juggling Enron’s books. Years ago I was offered a job in their software
development group but I received a better off from another crook:
Goldman-Sachs. Like McKinsey, KPMG is the recipient of many awards,
including being named best firm in 2017 by the Asia Tax jury in Singapore.

full:
https://louisproyect.org/2018/12/25/how-kpmg-and-mckinsey-ripped-off-south-africa/