[Marxism] The Chenogne Massacre | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Dec 29 08:22:47 MST 2018

y far, the best show on NPR is Reveal, a hour-long show co-produced by
the Center for Investigative Journalism and PRX, a distribution network
for public radio. When I wake up early on Saturday morning, as I did
today, I tune in to WNYC to listen to the show that begins at 6am.

Today was an exceptionally powerful episode that dealt with the January
1, 1945 massacre in Chenogne, Belgium during the Battle of the Bulge
when American soldiers murdered 71 German soldiers who had just
surrendered. Just days earlier, the Germans had killed about the same
number of GI’s who had surrendered in the town of Malmedy. I paid close
attention to the story since my father had been close to the fighting in
Bastogne, about 5 miles away. My father was a mess sergeant assigned to
the 10th Armored division while the men fighting in Chenogne were in the
11th Armored division.

full: https://louisproyect.org/2018/12/29/the-chenogne-massacre/