[Marxism] Idiocracy

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Jan 4 06:25:50 MST 2018

“It’s worse than you can imagine. An idiot surrounded by clowns. Trump
won’t read anything – not one-page memos, not the brief policy papers;
nothing. He gets up halfway through meetings with world leaders because
he is bored. And his staff is no better. Kushner is an entitled baby who
knows nothing. Bannon is an arrogant prick who thinks he’s smarter than
he is. Trump is less a person than a collection of terrible traits. No
one will survive the first year but his family. I hate the work, but
feel I need to stay because I’m the only person there with a clue what
he’s doing. The reason so few jobs have been filled is that they only
accept people who pass ridiculous purity tests, even for midlevel
policy-making jobs where the people will never see the light of day.”

Email written by Gary Cohn, Trump's chief economic adviser