[Marxism] Fwd: A CORRESPONDENCE AND READING PROJECT FOR 2018

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Jan 12 08:48:07 MST 2018

Over the next year I would like to engage with comrades in a
correspondence that digests not only the book Black Marxism but also the
sources that Robinson utilizes, particularly the writings of Du Bois,
James, and Wright. What wisdom can be extracted from Black
Reconstruction in regards to electoral politics as we move towards the
2018 and 2020 elections? How does Wright’s critique of class respond and
augment the popular notion of a ‘white working class’ that fled to the
Trump candidacy from the Democratic Party in 2016? What can we make of
the high esteem James places on spontaneity and particularly how it has
continued to shape protest politics spanning from the 1999 WTO protests
in Seattle to Occupy to the more radical elements of Black Lives
Matter/Movement for Black Lives?

full: http://www.thenorthstar.info/?p=13925