[Marxism] the soft tankie line on Iran

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 15:52:24 MST 2018

John Riddell takes the soft-tankie line, lecturing the Iranian masses about
their anti-imperialist duty. ("Soft" only because he doesn't (yet?) call
for the regime to gun down its opponents. On the other hand, I don't see
much in the way of outrage on his part at recent regime atrocities.)
<https://www.facebook.com/jim.monaghan1?fref=nf>
https://johnriddell.wordpress.com/2018/01/19/protests-in-iran-the-international-dimension/

A couple years ago I heard John lecture on the early, revolutionary
Comintern - the documents and speeches of which he has done invaluable work
in compiling and commenting on. In the Q&A he showed his illusions in the
distinctly reformist Pink Tide of Latin America, and I had to shake my head
at the cognitive dissonance.

Here's more of the same.