[Marxism] Northern Syria: Massive ethnic cleansing, humanitarian catastrophe, foreign intervention and betrayal

mkaradjis . mkaradjis at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 07:29:58 MST 2018

Regarding Turkey’s attack on Kurdish Afrin, controlled by the
Democratic Union Party (PYD) and its militia the Peoples Protection
Units (YPG): two years ago I wrote this article condemning the YPG’s
brutal conquest of the Arab-majority Tal Rifaat-Menagh region of
northern Aleppo province from the democratic rebels (Free Syrian Army
[FSA] and allies), in direct collaboration with the mass murdering
Russian imperialist airforce, which had just recently begun its
Nazi-style Blitzkrieg against Free Syria and thousands upon thousands
of Syrian civilians.

In that article, I noted in passing how bad what the YPG was doing was
by posing it in reverse:

“If Turkey were invading and bombing Kurdish Efrin and Syrian rebels
were acting as ground troops and expelling the YPG from Kurdish areas,
it should be vigorously condemned, yet this is not happening; the
exact opposite of that is happening.”

Full: https://mkaradjis.wordpress.com/2018/01/22/northern-syria-massive-ethnic-cleansing-humanitarian-catastrophe-foreign-intervention-and-betrayal/