[Marxism] Northern Syria: Massive ethnic cleansing, humanitarian catastrophe, foreign intervention and betrayal

mkaradjis . mkaradjis at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 20:17:48 MST 2018

And to clarify further on that, that is also the reason I resisted putting
Afrin in the title. I condemn the Turkish attack on Afrin and the
collaboration of some rebel brigades in it. However my point was that there
is a lot more going on in northern Syria,  right in the vicinity of Afrin,
 right now, at levels FAR more catastrophic than what is happening to Afrin
(so far,  at least). I will leave it to you and others to explain why it is
ONLY when the Kurds and/ YPG comes under attack that voices are raised,
 this does not only concern GLW, and not only the entire Rojavasphere,  but
also people like Chomsky who releases a declaratoon "don't let Afrin become
another Kobane",  yes some if my article was a direct reference to such
extraordinarily blatant selective solidarity,  especially as most of those
people (with some noble exceptions) have never said a word about the
ongoing massacres between Kobane 2014 and Afrin 2018. I will leave to you
to explain how GLW  managed to not utter a single word for the entire 2016
about the year-long massacre of Aleppo;  every time the situation got even
more horrific than usual,  GLW would usefully oblige by publishing ... yet
another article about utopia in Rojava,  blissfully undisturbed by what was
going on all around them. I won't bother asking what you thought of the
role of the YPG in Assad"s final capture of Aleppo when they cut the
strategic Castello Rd. Now Nick is not happy  that, despite my CONDEMNATION
of the rebels for taking part in Turkey's attack in Afrin,  I  nevertheless
criticise the YPG, yet somehow Nick manages to forget that 2 years ago,
 when it was the YPG doing the conquering of Arab towns in northern Aleppo
from the rebels in coordination with the bloody Russian airforce,  you and
others never condemned these crimes, you supported them! As I said, the
lessons about solidarity are frankly hilarious.