[Marxism] Fwd: How Democrats Lost Their Spine | Time

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Jan 23 05:47:57 MST 2018

On 1/23/18 7:39 AM, Carl G. Estabrook via Marxism wrote:

> Trump, almost by accident, expressed the real cause: exploitation. He was the first major party presidential candidate to to attack - however incoherently - the neoliberal (and neocon) policies that characterized all administrations from Carter's on.

Carl, this is utter nonsense. Trump's entire career was based on
neoliberal tenets and especially the use of super-exploited undocuemtned
workers.

He was no different from Obama who was elected by running "incoherently"
against Hillary Clinton's neoliberalism in the 2007 primary.

To understand what politicians stand for as opposed to campaign
rhetoric, you have to dig deeper. I learned that lesson after voting for
the "peace candidate" in 1964.